Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Welcome!

I've been thinking about starting this blog for a long time and it kind of makes me laugh that I actually am when there's only 1 month, 1 week, and 2 days left until The Wedding. Still, the further things go with this wedding the more I have to say and the more I get annoyed that there isn't much out there for the good Maid of Honor, the kind that really wants to step up not just stand up at that altar. There are a million sites and blogs on being a bride! I also see far too many people saying that the only real responsibility a bridesmaid or even MOH has is to buy the dress and show up for the ceremony. That personally offends me, and I feel that there should be better representation of those of us who help the bride, wrangle the 'maids, and throw some killer parties to boot!

"Monster of Honor" is really just a joke with some of my friends and my sister's friends. At least, they say it's a joke! I'm all hyper-organized (for the first time in my life) and basically am working as an amateur wedding planner for my sister. Since I'm naturally sort of a lazy slob with a busy life, trust me, I know anyone can be good at all the work a MOH should do! The wedding planning part is a bit much, a full-time job, really, but I'm enjoying myself immensely, especially since it means I have to talk to my sister a lot and that's a lot of fun.

So, whether you are a MOH yourself looking for tips, a bride trying to pick or work with one (or more), or just a randomly interested person who stumbled across this, I hope you find something useful or at least entertaining here! Let me know if you do. :)

No comments: